Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting card with full checklists

david b
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2020

Hi!
I need to export cards into anything other than that useless json (excel, pdf or something). But I also need the complete checklists with all of their items. How can I do that? Can, for example, the Board Export power-up do this? Or do you guys have a better solution?

I work for a dental technician lab and we track almost every task we do for any given job on individual cards and their checklists and we want the cards exported for an invoice.

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

@david b here is an example Trellinator function I wrote for someone this morning to export some details to a spreadsheet in Google Sheets:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/ccc6ee001c72e37d5573843d39bb1888

If you had, for example, a Google Doc template for your invoice, with some placeholder content, then it wouldn't be too different to do the text replacement then save/send that as a PDF document.

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2020

Hi @david b,

The Board Export Power-UP can export most board and card items for you into various formats including CSV, Excel, PFD, jpeg. 

https://trello.com/power-ups/5c9418019e56bd8abf98d83f/board-export

However it does not currently support checklists. This feature is being worked on currently, and we hope to have it available soon.

I will try to post back here when it has been released to update you.

Thanks,

Dan  

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2020

Hi @david b ,

As promised, the Board Export Power-Up now supports the exporting of checklists and advanced checklists (checklist due dates and assigned members) to excel, csv, and PDF.

We wrote up some more info about it in this blog.

Hope it helps! Any feedback would be very welcome.

Dan

Maria Puglisi August 26, 2021

Unfortunately, Board Export doesn't seem to separate each item in an Advanced Checklist (lumps all items into one field in Excel). Is there a way to do do this? 

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
August 30, 2021

Hi @Maria Puglisi 

There is a way to do this :)  

You just need to open the "Customisation" section on the left hand menu (click on the Board Export button at the top of your board to open this view)

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 10.33.27.png

Then you can turn this option on to separate Checklists out into individual cells.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 10.33.16.png

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions (or ask our Support team via this link - they will probably be faster to reply!) 

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/51 

Thanks,

Dan

Like Maria Puglisi likes this
Maria Puglisi August 30, 2021

Thank you, Dan.  I did set up the Customization, however the Export to Excel doesn't separate the individual tasks within the checklist. The all end up in the same cell. See my screenshot.

I had to cut and paste each checklist item into its own cell. Was hoping this was an export option. 

I will also use the Support link you provided. Appreciate the response!

Best,
Maria

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events