Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evernote Power-up Authorization Not Working

JustinTBrown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 3, 2018

Trello keeps asking me to link my Evernote account when trying to Create or Attach a note.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 10.42.19 AM.png

Which I do:

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 10.43.37 AM.png

But afterward when I go to Attach or Create a note through a Trello card, it still asks me to link my Evernote account.

I've tried restarting Trello, disabling/enabling the power-up, and deauthorizing/reauthorizing Evernote, but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hi Justin,

Sorry to hear about that trouble. Are you perhaps using the Trello Desktop app? There are, unfortunately, a number of Power-Ups that aren't able to communicate properly with the app during the authorization process, so that might be to blame.

Or is this in your normal web browser? We'd love to take a look—if you can reach out via https://trello.com/contact, we'll be happy to look into it!

JustinTBrown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2018

It was in the desktop app. I reauthorized using the web browser and the power-up appears to work now in both the browser and desktop app.

Many thanks, Michael

0 votes
Caroline Foxhall July 5, 2020

I am having a similar issue with the Evernote power up.  Not at all visible in the ios app, in the web browser it keeps asking me to sign up.  

Can’t work out how to ask my own question :(

Can’t contact Trello support directly :(

Haven’t got loads of time to try and sort this out :(

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2020

Hi @Caroline Foxhall 

Welcome to the Community!

The Evernote PowerUp may not show up in the iOS version because it's 3rd party available on the web version. If you want to have this, I would suggest you sign into Chrome on iOS and access your boards through that. It's not perfect, but it's a decent work around (and it gives you everything that you would see on Chrome on macOS). 

If you're having a problem on the web version, the way that I found around it, is to have Evernote open in another tab on the same browser, that way, you should be able to connect the two accounts when prompted. I had a massive problem with Google Drive and keeping it linked to my Trello, this ended up being a problem with a few Chrome Extensions that I was using. I had to go step by step and disable each one, refresh Trello until I found which one was causing the problem (it was a couple of the blocker apps, because they stop cross-site tracking), so that might be causing an issue as well.

Please come back to us if none of this works and we can try again!

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2020

Also, for future reference - this is the link to ask a question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/trello-questions

Caroline Foxhall July 5, 2020

Thanks for your quick reply and your help.  I’ll give it a go!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events