Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email-to-board feedback and enhancements proposal

Olivier Gravier September 1, 2022

Hi, i'm trying to setup email to board feature. 

I love the idea to follow up on the trello board the activity that start from email. question is that you need to play with each individual emails. which seems to be the user action as per say (creating the card or updating the card)... but i found it useless as i copy all the email thread (meaning repetition of historical data in the email thread. and also it is not convenient to ask someone to put his own trello-email-address. I'd rather go with a board email address that take the from:{{email address}} as the action/update person and would leave the rest for update.

Also, if possible to not repeat the entire body of the email. 

Finally, having the image in the signature (like linkedin png or twitter or any other logo) is annoying as it stack a pile a logos as attachment in the trello card from the different senders. 

1 answer

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2022

Hello @Olivier Gravier

I agree that your suggestions are much needed. You can do this easily with Hipporello Service Desk. It turns your Trello board into a shared inbox. This is how it works:

1. You define email-to-board address(es) -one for a board- so that you start receiving emails directly in your Trello board as unique Trello cards and see all the email messages from a bird's eye view.

2. You can respond to emailing contacts from inside the respective Trello card. 

3. All Trello board members can see received email and the responses on the board. This way you can centralize communication in Trello.

Here's a small example of what configurations you can make in the tool. 

email-to-board.png

NOTE that you can use Hipporello Service Desk for forms, routing form submissions in your Trello and communicating with those submitting forms in the same way as above. 

Hope that helps,

Cigdem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events