Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to board - error message

Lynsey Pace September 19, 2022

I set up the email to board tool but it appears to be sporadically not working. 

I've just sent something this morning to one of the boards, that worked fine last week, and had an error message saying: 

Hello,

The Trello board email address you attempted to email,[email address I sent to], is invalid. You can get your email address for any board by going to "Email-to-board Settings" under the sidebar menu in that board.

For more information on sending cards to your board via email, please visit our help page.

Help section isn't helping me. 

Any ideas why it's working one minute and then not the next?

2 answers

0 votes
Lynsey Pace November 1, 2022

@Vishaal S I'm still having the exact same issue. 

I've just sent one to my board, and it bounces back saying the address doesn't exit. 

When you say open up "Board Menu > More > Email-to-board settings" where is this? I can't find this "board menu" at all.  There is "settings" on the left hand menu which takes you to "work space settings" but can't find anything in there.  There is then also "Account > Settings" but nothing in there either. 

Really want this to work!

0 votes
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

Hi Lynsey,

Thanks for the context so far!

Would you mind generating a new email-to-board email address and let me know if that works? You can do so by opening up the Board Menu > More > Email-to-board settings. The email typically includes your username and a random string of characters. The email address is unique for each board and board member.

Cheers,
Vishaal S | The Trello Team

Lynsey Pace September 22, 2022

I did this last week with another board, and it worked once and then the same happened again. I thought it was "user" error, but it just feels so inconsistent. 

I'll try it again later today and come back to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events