cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate card number in trello

Knot Cayatano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2023

Hi, 

We recently migrated to a new board and imported our Trello cards from our previous board. At that point, when we add a new card to the board it restarts to 1 and increments from there ignoring the existing card numbers.

I currently don't know how to fix this, and if there's an API endpoint I could use to modify the current index it's using, It would help me a lot.  

many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2023

Hello @Knot Cayatano 

You can't change the indexing. The first card added to a board is card number 1, then each card added thereafter is numbered sequentially thereafter. Each card number is only be used once per board, even if the card is deleted.

The only way to start the cards at a higher number, say 192, would be to create 191 dummy cards, delete them all, then commence importing of your old cards in the sequence you want. The imported cards would still in sequential numbered order thereafter.

Knot Cayatano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2023

I never thought of that. We already have 300 plus of them, but we'll manage. 

Thanks a lot! 

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2023

No problem.

If you thought my answer was correct, please mark it as such. It boosts my profile and my ego :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events