Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate card error when using butler rule

FB8673 August 9, 2020

Our team is new to Trello. I've set up rules for each member  that when @Member is added to a card the card is copied to their own personal board into their "In Try" list.
Problem, some cards appear to be duplicating ad infinitum (as if in a 'circular rule').

Note - we are using unito to sync our cards - but I want each member to have their own board with the cards (tasks) that they are members on.

Any help with this rule error please - or is there a better rule to achieve the same result?

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

Sounds like Unito syncing the cards might be the culprit here, creating an infinite loop of. Can you try disable the sync to see of that stops this loop?

In general, any specific reason that there needs to be an extra board? Users can review all "their cards" that they are members of by opening their My Cards Page at https://trello.com/your/cards.

Are you familiar with that page? On that page you can sort all the cards either by board or by due date - probably very similar to the additional board per user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events