It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Due date warning colours

Hello guys,

We’re currently using trello as a factory t-card system and it’s working very well! One thing though and that’s to do with due dates. As the due date approaches the due date changes colour from clear to yellow to red. That’s great but 1 days notice of a potentially late shipment isn’t ideal! Is there anyway I can customise when the due date turns from clear to yellow and then from yellow to red? I can’t seem to work it out.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote

I agree with the need for a more useful coloring system. If the "done" checkbox turned the card to gray instead of green, that would be less noticeable. Coloring old business in the brightest color does not make sense for more that a minute.

My preference would be:

Yellow: Due someday

Green: Due within a week

Red: Overdue

Grey: completed

0 votes

Hey Jake,

Marta here, from Trello Support,

Right now, it's not possible to customize that within Trello. Due date notifications and alerts will show 24 hours prior to the due date. 

While you can't customize when the color of the due date changes, you can integrate Trello with a third-party app such as Google Calendar to get an email notification at the due date time. From there, you can use their apps to customize the notifications. (http://help.trello.com/article/829-using-trello-with-google-calendar)

I’ll pass your interest in being able to change this within Trello on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Thanks,

Marta

Marta, can you confirm of any progress on this functionality as likewise I would like to configure the colour changes to occur earlier in the timeline for a better visual cue to users...

Thanks

Marta, I also need this. Hard to track many tasks on many boards without these visual cues. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

1,629 views 16 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you