Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and drop Youtube links no longer embed description and image on card

Wim Lasoen September 5, 2019

Only a few days ago, dragging and dropping a link from Youtube produced a card containing Title and Description of the Video and a preview image. 

WAAUW. I even wrote the guys @Meistertask to brag about this wonderful feature Trello has and they don't blablabla

Today I try the same but .... only links show up.

What's (not) happening?

5 answers

0 votes
Fiona Jackson October 19, 2022

This has become an issue for me. As a filmmaker/teacher this is the function I use the most, and that I encourage my students to use as well. Without it, Trello becomes somewhat useless for us. Is it going to be fixed or should I find another platform to collate research/ideas? 

0 votes
Wim Lasoen November 27, 2020

We don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, but as soon as one is available we will deploy it.

You wrote this September 2019. Stil not resolved, or have I missed anything?

0 votes
Wim Lasoen November 22, 2019

We’re november now; in the meantime, we’ve enjoyed a few weeks/days (?) everything worked well.

Now not only the video thumbnail problem is back, also sending a website to trello results in a card with just an URL, whereas in the past Trello rendered a beautiful preview of the particular webppage.

Il’d like to stick with Trello so much, but this kind of inconsistency will never convince me to pay for it. 

I also really do not understand that for an app that is supposed to be  ‘visual’, nobody cares about solving this bug for once and for all making a priority. 

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write about this -- I know it's been a frustrating bug, but I wanted to reach out and mention that we are working on it.

We don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, but as soon as one is available we will deploy it.

If there's anything we can help you with or if you have any other concerns, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

Amanda Paldao November 18, 2019

Has this been fixed or any estimate as to when?

Wim Lasoen December 14, 2020

You just don’t care anymore, do you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events