It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Downloading attachments off trello

Hi there

If I attach images or documents for another board member to use, can they download them to use?  Or do we need to email them?

Thanks,

Suzanne

2 answers

Hi Suzanne

When an attachment is added to a card, the attachment is available for anyone to download.  

Fore more info, see "Preview and Download Attachments"

Hi, there's no any download button with or without a right click. The only thing I get is

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>BC41E31C6778EE44</RequestId><HostId>9toP1roSmg1+aYKv6pclThbo7F6MoswTue1olTwPFJKMSMFvIMZvTxz9o85T/NP2nTOV+2sIAn4=</HostId></Error>

I'm sorry, but for xls documents, none of us using the Trello board can work out how to download it at all... You can see a preview, but nowhere is there a download option.

Like Eric Bernal likes this
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2018

Hey all,

At this point you'll need to right-click on the preview or "open in new tab" links and use the download option from your browser.

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Ceethal Piyus likes this

Does that degrade the image quality?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2019

@GriehleNEF the image quality will be the same as the attached image. It's not converting from PNG to JPEG or even re-encoding the same JPEG. Just storing the attachment byte-for-byte. Good question!

Like GriehleNEF likes this

Agreed, downloading file attachments is not very user-friendly. A colleague uploaded an Adobe Illustrator file to a card, and when I click on it to download, I get a blank screen and if I save the file, Adobe Illustrator says it's the wrong file type and I can't download it. Why can't I just click on a download link that starts the download process?

Like # people like this
k I'm New Here May 28, 2019

I also agree. I just came across a situation where someone uploaded an excel document. There is no download button or obvious way to download the attachment. The answer provided by others does not explicitly explain how to download anything. It only says "it's possible"

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team May 29, 2019

@k Please see the screenshot above - you'll need to right-click the attachment and select the download option that your browser provides. There's a full article here showing the options for all major browsers if you want to see additional screenshots.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Agreed - needs a quicker "download" button available from trello ticket.

0 votes

You can option-click on the external link icon to the right of the filename to download (on Trello app on Mac OS)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Trello and Post-It Collaboration

Trello and Post-it note teamed up - a new way to digitize and declutter all your ideas. Just tried out the app and it works great!  Scan post-its with postitapp Sync with Tr...

103 views 8 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you