Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Trello or any powerups allow for Parent and child Trello boards

Anthony de Wouters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2021

I would like to create a series of boards with different workflows for different teams. These boards should roll-up into a centralized management board.

Ideally the ability to map one child workflow to a parent workflow. Whilst the workflows may conflict with one another, I would settle for cards automatically replicating from child boards to the parent overview board.

Has anyone had any success trying to implement this via Trello or any powerups?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Anthony de Wouters to answer the part around having cards roll up to an overview board, what would be the purpose of the overview board? When you say parent-child boards, does the overview board act as a sort of high-level board containing the epics/milestones, and the child boards contain the tasks (so kind of like subtasks)? Or would the idea be to just simply add a card on one board, and have that automatically sync to the overview board, so the overview board contains the same cards as the origin boards? 

Unito might be suited for this use case depending on your workflow. 

Anthony de Wouters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2021

Hi Hannah

Thank you for reaching out.

Looking at the demo video for Unito, it looks like it should solve all of my use cases. Ultimately what I wanted was:

1. Cards on a boards to sync from one to another 
  2. During that sync process to be able to map one workflow to another

I will be trying out the trial to put it to the test.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Awesome! Hope it ends up doing what you want.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Hi @Anthony de Wouters ðŸ‘‹

I believe Card Relationships - Hello Epics might be a good option to look at as it helps you track and manage complex projects by creating linked groupings of cards and manage relationships even across boards.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events