Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display checklist items with due dates in a Workspace' calendar view

Jan-Hein van Asseldonk May 7, 2023

Hi there,

Would it be feasible to enable an overview of checklist items, specifically those with due dates, within the Workspace calendar view? Currently, only cards with due dates are displayed in this view. It would greatly enhance productivity if we could view both cards and checklist items that have due dates within the same workspace.

This feature has been requested previously as shown in the following threads:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Calendar-View-not-showing-Checklist-Due-Dates/qaq-p/1957443

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Workspace-Calendar-View-Checklist-Dates-Trello-App/qaq-p/1945777

Additionally, I've provided this feedback through the 'Give feedback' link at the top of my calendar view screen:

https://surveys.atlassian.com/jfe/form/SV_00dgQYBeGfgHDhQ?team_status=BUS&memberid=X

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan-Hein van Asseldonk June 11, 2023

Update:

Seems like there isn't a straightforward fix without resorting to some workarounds that might not stay reliable in the long run. I've gone back to using individual cards for tasks instead of placing tasks into checklists inside other cards. All my cards with due dates are showing up in my workspace calendar view now.

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

You have to try in the hope that the Trello development team take notice but I feel like you may be waiting a while (or ever). 

I have heard that the Trello team are keen to be more communicative with the community regarding what they are working on, upcoming features and they do take feedback seriously. 

The more people who contact them directly about these things, the more it'll get noticed. 

https://trello.com/contact 

For all my clients, I advise not to build their system around the advanced checklist capability because it is too limited to be that useful. 

I tend to build a system in which the checklist items get converted into linked cards and the linked cards carry the member and due date information.  This means it can be visible in all views and it opens so much more capability for automation.  

Ton Bode May 8, 2023

As far as I can see this does work, in the Calender view as wel as in the Calendar power-up and also in the mobile app on my Android based phone.

I have several cards on my board that use this feature. One is a birthday calendar card where I entered my entire family in a checklist with their date of birth. I can add reminders and the birthdates can be seen in the calendar view, in the calendar power-up, and also in the Lightning calendar in Mozilla Thunderbird.

And of course I have to adjust the year for everyone who had a birthday. It would be nice if a rule could be made for this that does this automatically.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2023

As far as I can see this does work, in the Calender view as wel as in the Calendar power-up and also in the mobile app on my Android based phone.

In a board calendar view, yes. But, Idon't think it does in a workspace calendar view.

0 votes
Ari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

I completely agree with the original poster's concern about the limitations of the Workspace Calendar view in Trello. Being unable to view checklist items with due dates directly on the Workspace Calendar makes it challenging for project managers to efficiently plan and track tasks across multiple boards.

In my experience, one workaround is to use the due date feature on cards rather than checklist items. However, this might not be suitable for all workflows, especially if you're already utilizing checklist items extensively.

Another workaround that I've found helpful is to utilize third-party Power-Ups like Planyway or TeamGantt. These Power-Ups integrate with Trello and offer more advanced calendar and Gantt chart views, allowing you to visualize and manage tasks with due dates more effectively across multiple boards.

Despite these workarounds, I still believe that Trello could significantly improve its Workspace Calendar view by incorporating checklist items with due dates. This enhancement would greatly benefit users who rely on Trello for complex project management across various teams and boards.

In conclusion, I urge the Trello team to prioritize addressing this issue to enhance the platform's usability for project managers and teams. Should we, as Trello customers, hold our breath in anticipation of these improvements, or should we continue resorting to workaround solutions to compensate for Trello's current limitations? I believe that by actively listening to user feedback and implementing changes to meet the evolving needs of its users, Trello can maintain its position as a leading project management tool. Let's hope for positive developments in the near future.

0 votes
Celina Rollon August 7, 2023

I'm really shocked we don't have this feature. 

I only get pop up notifications for tagged or cards being archived / moved. 

Why don't due reminders pop up?

I don't get any for checklist reminders (checklist reminders is the reason I signed up for a pro account in the first place).

I can get set email notifications for due dates but I use Trello to reduce emails so this is counterproductive.   I believe this might just be for a card due date and not a checklist due date? 

I tried the calendar view but you can't read the tasks from that view and if you click the task it just takes you to the card and you have to scroll down and find the task yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events