Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable selecting all text when I click edit comment / description

tox2ik April 13, 2023

I would prefer it if the text of a card was left neutral or _not selected_, whenever I click to edit some text in a card such as the card description or one of my previous comments.

Currently, the app is set up to select all the text in the text area. On Linux, this forces everything I have previously selected out from the the "paste buffer" and replaces it with the text of the section I clicked to edit.

Can this behavior be disabled?

In technical terms:

on javascript click event "edit text section"

DO NOT SELECT / HIGHLIGHT all text in the corresponding section

DO NOT REPLACE the content in the PRIMARY buffer

Any feedback or tips welcome. With some guidance I can probably hack a solution for this with greasemonkey - that would be good enough for me.       

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Hmm, that sounds strange. When I click on a card's description, the text in the field is not highlighted and the cursor is placed at the end of the text. This works on web browser and in the desktop app.

Could you please let me know if this occurs across multiple browsers? Please also uninstall and reinstall the desktop app if that's what you were using initially.

Let me know how that goes,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events