Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting boards from users no longer with our group

Timothy Brown June 29, 2022

How can I delete boards that were created by users who are no longer in our group?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

@Timothy Brown Welcome to the Atlassian community

Anyone can have a Trello account and create as many boards as they like. Once you've moved the lists/cards from the board, just leave the boards, and then as far as you're concerned they don't exist.

If you are using Business Class you will have greater control and can delete boards and manage users.

Timothy Brown June 30, 2022

Hi Brant,

My team is a group of researchers with the University of Florida and we are using the free version of Trello.  Several of our group members have moved on but they created boards that bring us to our limit of boards.  As they are no longer with our group, we just want to remove the boards so we have more available to us.

Is there a way the owner of our group can remove boards left behind by previous members of our group?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

@Timothy Brown Unfortunately the only way I know how to do it is to upgrade to business class free trial remove the boards and then cancel the subscription.  You can submit an issue to Trello support and see if they can take care of it for you.  https://trello.com/en/contact#/ 

Timothy Brown July 1, 2022

Thank you, Brant.  This worked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events