Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a private board from a Trello team

Wm_ Auckerman August 31, 2020

A Trello question that I wonder if anyone can help me with. We have a free (Gold) team with 20+ members – which means that there is a 10 board limit. Under that team, we have 9 Team boards, but some team member (identity unknown) has set up a private board under the team. We want to delete the private board so that we can add another team board.

Under the team settings, it clearly says “Any Team Member can delete private boards”. But in the Boards view, the board only displays as “Private Board”, and clicking on it gives the message “to allow Team admins access to private Teams boards, upgrade …”

Is the settings page wrong in saying that any team member can delete a private board? Or am I missing something obvious? At least, is there any way to identify who on the Team set up the private board?

I can understand if the answer is no you can't, but if that's the case why does the settings page say yes you can?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

@Wm_ Auckerman I think you need to contact Trello support directly about this, go back to trello.com/contact and submit your question to Trello because I think there is a circumstance where you can't remove a Trello board from a team if it's set to Private even if you're an administrator.

hannah capon September 26, 2022

How do you contact support? I keep getting redirected to the community page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events