Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an secondary due date a custom fields value days before the regular due date

Stefan April 20, 2021

I tried multiple ways to get what I wanted but always failed in some other way

I want to set up a card with a due date and a custom field set to a number. I then want to either use a card button or a detect a move to a different list

I wanted to try the following :

•  On move / button press - set date custom field "Date" to {cardduedate}-{{%"Field"}}

=> I'm only able to select a time frame to move it by image.png
  •  After that I tried to replace the custom field with a start date
    On move / button press - set start date to  {cardduedate}-{{%"Field"}}
    image.png
    => can't use {cardduedate} as it will only allow custom fields to be used here
  •  the last thing I tried was to remove the need for the extra due date by edit the Calender Commands to include the calculation each time 

move each card due in less than {{%"Field"}} days to list

=> I get an error CANT_PARSE_COMMAND

image.png

At this point I'm kinda stumped and I would like to get some ideas form you 

PS: I'm not using "Field" as my custom field I just needed a dummy name 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hey @Stefan 

You're quite close to having this set up, but there's one trick you'll need to do, to make this work.

Currently setting a date field doesn't allow for that variable manipulation, so you'll need to use a different option in Butler. Fortunately, you can manually enter the name of the Date field and use a variable as the value.

With that, and some arithmetic formatting, you can get the other field to subtract that set number of days as well.

Here's the action in Butler:

Image 2021-04-21 at 4.19.54 PM.png

Also, here's the formatting after it's added to the command:

Image 2021-04-21 at 4.20.01 PM.png

Give that a try and let me know how it goes!

Stefan April 23, 2021

Thank you very much for helping me with my problem, everything works great now.

I would never have tried to use the "set custom field xxx to" because it wouldn't allow to pick it out of the list. 

I must say that was a bit confusing. Was there something about that on the help page and I just missed it or is it a kinda secret feature ?

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

It's not specifically called out in a help doc, but I'll let the team know we should consider adding some clarification that it can be used in that way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events