Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create gauges on table

Gergo September 10, 2021

Dear Community members,

We are a small imaging centre. We use Trello to manage and monitor the non-planned patient examinations (acute and in-patients) and distribute them between the 3 imaging sites during the daily routine according to the urgency of the examinations. The system works flawlessly for 2 months and everybody likes it (operators, receptionists, doctors, etc.). We would like to use the table for one more thing, but I was unable to find a solution so far. 

We would like to show the the estimated delay for all three imaging stations. So actually just to have 3 small gauges, where the operator can set the approximate delay of his/her station according to the schedule. 

So a freely adjustable gauge or something similar, where a small number can be set (e.g. 30, 60, 90, -30, etc) and is visible on the board along with the cards. 

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance. 

Gergő

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 10, 2021

You could maybe do this using Trello Cards for each gauge, set the card title as the number of days. The importantly set the 'cover' of the Card so it displays in the right way...

• Open the Card to edit
  • Click on 'cover' in the top right of the card
  • Select the 'size' option on the right so the title displays over the cover
  • pick a colour (people could change these to use Red/Amber/Green status if they wanted as well)

Hope that helps :)

Robin

Founder: Blue Cat Reports for Trello and more :)

Gergo September 10, 2021

Used your idea as a workaround until we find any other suitable one. 

Created a new list, as Delay. Created 3 cards with the names of the 3 imaging sites and 3 different background in covers. 

I've also created a "private field" (don't know the English name as the button title is in Hungarian, but something like private or unique or something similar). Under the private field I choose the drop-down menu style and created several pre-defined delay, like 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 2,5 hours etc. Also colored these choices based on severity of delay, so the operator only needs to choose from the drop-down menu and close the card. The draft is seen below. A fancy gauge would be better but can't set any better now. 

2021-09-10.png 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

@Gergo 

👍just curious, would stickers have worked as well. 

Gergo September 13, 2021

Yes, maybe. You can create custom 128x128 px stickers, but sticker can't be put on lists only cards and cards are volatile on our board. But on a separate list like the one I created only to show delay, this method would also work I guess. 

0 votes
Gergo September 10, 2021

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to add one more explanation to clarify. The reason to use this is to let the receptionists have some information about the delay to expect, and to communicate this info to the patient (so let's say you have reserved examination at 1 pm, but 1 hour delay is to be expected). 

So from the imaging site perspective: the operator who works at station # 2 sees that he is examining the 10:30 patient but the time is 11:30 already, then he knows that he is in a 60 minutes delay. So he sets the "Station #2 Gauge" on the trello board to + 60. This way the receptionist sees that if the patient is scheduled to station # 2, a 60 min delay is to be expected and communicates this info to the patient kindly. Later if the delay is reduced or worked out the operator updates the gauge so it always shows the approximate delay amount. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

@Gergo 

Something a bit different to your gauge idea but self maintaining is to use Dashcards to show the number of cards/cases at each station/site 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events