Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Workflow with special conditions

Peter PAn March 17, 2021

Hey,

I'm trying to create a workflow in Trello for a customer.
Used Trello-plan will be "business".
I will try to describe it to you.

There are 4 Lists/States:
Open/Working/Delivered/Invoice

Conditions:
- When you create an element in "Open" it automatically has a custom content field "Agreemant" which is empty (only the Key/Name of the field is predefined). There you have to upload a pdf to the custom field "Agreemant". Before there is an existing pdf you are not allowed to move the element to "Working".
- In "Working/Delivered it is the same. A new custom field with a predefined name/key is created and you have to upload a pdf into the field before you can move to the next stage

Optional condition:
- You can only create elements in "open". It is not allowed to create an element in "Delivered".

Status so far and problems:
- I searched in Butler to create a custom content field with pre-defined name but couldnt find it. With the Powerup "custom fields" you can create custom fields but not an a content/pdf field and also no field with a pre-defined name/key
- I could not find the option to decline an element to move to the next stage because the "content field foobar" is empty
- I searched some powerups and there are a lot of wonderful features but i cant find the right one for me.

Thanks for your help in advance ;)

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

@Peter PAn

The observations you have noted are all correct. PDF can only be uploaded as attachments. You probably need webhook hence coding to ensure this type of rules. It is beyond Butler. 

Peter PAn March 17, 2021

Thanks for your response.
Do you maybe know a power-up which could have this feature?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

@Peter PAn 

No. But can do it with code. 

Peter PAn March 17, 2021

I'm a software developer myself. Could you give me a small hint how you planned to do this?
Write your own power-up? Use Zapier and code snippets? Or use Trellinator?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2021

@Peter PAn 

I would do it with webhook and you can host your endpoint on a platform of your choice. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events