Copy from Template

patrick.e January 3, 2020

Hey everyone,

I made a template for a card with a checklist. I want to have this card for every week of the year so i will need 53 cards for this year.

When i go to excel and create all the weeks "CW1" .... "CW53" and copy and paste it into trello it gives me the option to create 53 seperate cards or one card. But if i go to "Create from template" and paste everything in there it will just create me a single card. 

Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have any other solution for my problem?

Best regards

Patrick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hey Patrick,

I'm sorry but currently the card templates feature doesn't have that matching support for pasting multiple fields in to create a lot of cards like that at once.

I'll certainly let our team know about your interest in that, but for now I'm afraid you'll need to either manually create the cards and add the checklists or copy the template card.

One thing to speed that up though—you could create a Butler rule that copies the checklist for you. So you could create the card in List X, then have a Butler rule like this:

"when a card is added to List X, add the checklist from Template Card"

patrick.e January 7, 2020

Hi Garrett,

thank you very much for your answer, this was more or less exactly what I was looking for! :)

Have a great day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events