Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Copy Checklist seems to have disappeared

It used to be possible to Add New Checklist and then choose an option to copy checklist items from another checklist. Although it’s been a while since I last used this feature,  I have sometimes relied heavily on this capability in the past and am well-familiar with it. 

[SEE https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-to-use-trello-like-a-pro/#:~:text=You%20can%20also%20copy%20checklist,%E2%80%9CCopy%20Items%20From%E2%80%A6%E2%80%9D. ]

The past couple of times I have attempted to use this feature, though, it no longer seems to exist. At first I thought it might be a temporary glitch or some misunderstanding on my part… or perhaps the difference between the iOS app and browser-based functionality; then I thought it might have to do with iOS browser vs Windows laptop so I checked out all these possibilities and still can’t find the feature. 

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong or what may have changed since the last time (unknown precisely when) this worked? I’m stumped and I’m not sure what to try next to avoid having to re-create these lists from scratch. 

Thanks, 

Kimm

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 26, 2022

@Kimm Viebrock 

When you click on a card and go to add a checklist you will see an option below the checklist title that will allow you to copy the checklist.  Follow these steps:

1. Open your card
  2. On the cards right hand menu add to card select checklist
  3. When the checklist comes up give it a title and select the list you would like to copy from

Screenshot 2022-06-26 222358.jpg

@Brant Schroeder 

Thank you for the helpful graphics. I know they’ll be useful to someone at some point. You have described exactly the process I usually use and could not locate yesterday.

The “Copy items from…” field was what was missing (easier to say that more specifically now that I can see it again). 

Interestingly, they are there today, at least when I access Trello via browser (both PC and iOS); of course, now I am questioning my sanity as to whether I’ve ever been able to do the same via the Trello app on iPad or iPhone as this is still not an option. 

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 27, 2022

@Kimm Viebrock I am not sure about mobile as I do not have it installed on my phone anymore.  Maybe that is a gap as there are some features not available on mobile.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events