Column Keeps Auto Sorting

Hunter Fillers May 11, 2021

Hello, 

I have a column with ~200 trello cards. The column keeps sorting to "newest" cards at the top whenever the page is refreshed or after a short amount of time. I don't want any sorting at all in this column and I do not see any automation or rules set up to manage this sorting.

Any advice?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Hunter Fillers ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Hmm that's a strange one, usually this can only be caused by an automation e.g. via Butler. Do you share the board with any other members who could have put an automation in place?

All the best,

Laura

Thank you Laura! We have many people sharing this board so it could have happened by mistake. How can I view what automation has been added? 

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Ahh okay, this definitely sounds like the likely cause of the problem. I would double check the Power-Ups attached to the board but it is likely to be Butler as this is Trello's main automation tool (located at the top right corner of the board). 

When you go in I'd check all the options to the left hand side but you will most likely find it tucked away in the 'Rules' part. Go through each section in this to see if anything has been set.

Just to double check do you have admin powers for this board? If not you will require it to remove another member's automation rule. 

I hope this helps but I'm here if you have any more questions 😃

Great suggestion, Laura. However, there are no rules or automation set up in Butler. I will keep playing around with settings to see if there is any solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events