Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close or Delete Boards to keep within the 10 Board Limit

Trecia June 16, 2021

Hello,

I have been using Trello for personal use and exceed the 10 board limit. Do I need to Delete my board(s) or Close them so that they do not count towards the exceeded 10 board limit? 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Close. You don’t need to delete them. The limit applies to open boards. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Oh right I misread that as "do I need to close or delete them" rather than "am I able to only close them rather than delete them". Oops!

Like Trecia likes this
Trecia June 16, 2021

Thank you for both of your responses! :)

So if I understand this, it's all open boards regardless of which workspace it's in, right?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@Trecia The 10 board limit is open boards *per workspace*. You can have as many closed boards per workspace as you like, and reopen closed ones if you close an open one. You can have as many workspaces as you like.

So if you have 10 workspaces each with 10 boards you'd have 100 boards, and those could all be free workspaces.

Like Trecia likes this
Trecia June 16, 2021

@Iain Dooley That is good to know! From the email I received and what I have read, I would have assumed it was 10 boards total regardless of workspace. Whew! Thank you for clarifying it! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2021

@Trecia Yep, but you can also create an additional free workspace and move the boards to that:

https://help.trello.com/article/752-changing-the-workspace-to-which-a-board-belongs

Trecia June 17, 2021

This is good to know. Thank you @Iain Dooley !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events