Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default due date reminder

Jeroen V
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2022

I always set the due date reminder to "at the time of due date". However, the default option is "1 day before". I would like to set it always to "at the time of due date". I already saw on the forum a post of three years ago, stating that it was not possible. I was wondering if it might have changed and that it is possible now. 

4 answers

1 vote
Robert Kowton March 24, 2023

I submitted this feature request today March 24/23 to be added to user settings. Each user can set the default reminder time they prefer. This would save two clicks per card, this adds up over the course of a day.  Let's hope this is possible. 

0 votes
Mike Stein June 6, 2023

+1 here.  Extra clicks for oft-used features make users very unhappy.  A setting for oft-used features is the gold standard, remembering the most recently used option is a bronze, and anything else is a fail from a UI standpoint.  Thank you!

0 votes
Leo Heise
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2023

This would be so helpful and so easy to implement -- it could be as easy as a board setting: "Default reminders"

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2023

@Leo Heise feel free to submit a feature request, perhaps this is something the team could implement!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2022

@Jeroen V as far as i know that's not possible, and I don't believe there's anything with automation that you can do to clear that. If you're using your browser, I could probably make something with PixieBrix (chrome extension that lets you build additional features into websites) that would do that, but it wouldn't work on mobile. Do you use Chrome generally? 

Jeroen V
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 21, 2022

Hi Brittanay, thank you for your quick reply. I use Chrome 90% of the time and android 10% of the time. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

@Jeroen V gotcha, i started to play with this and actually dont think i can easily build something that would fix that. will have to think on it some more and perhaps i could figure out a solution!

Like Mike Stein likes this
Robert Kowton June 7, 2023

Trello Support advised me that they have no intention to change defaults to when we want a reminder on a due date and they will not adding the feature to allow a due date without time.  Basically, this thread is hopes and dreams as Trello will not be looking at this topic. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events