Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card content disappears and reapers randomly

Hi there, I am working with a client and we are using the Trello app to view a board in which we are both members. Occasionally content from various cards goes missing and we see the 'add a description' header inside a card that previously had content. I thought this was happening because my client was accidentally using the search/filter option but after playing around with that we still have this problem occurring. I had to clone a board and re-add the member which fixed the problem for a time but my client mentions that this issue still comes and goes.

This is the second or third bug I've noticed today and in all of the 6 years I've used Trello.

Is there maintenance or something happening to the site today? Do we know what's causing this?

Many thanks,

Ant

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Anthony (Help & Support ) - carolfraser.co.uk i know there's been some issues with Trello mobile - they just deployed an update yesterday and are planning to deploy another one later this week i think. So if this is mobile, I would say yes there's some bugs!

If it's not mobile - I'm wondering if there's some situation where you're both editing the text and some isn't saving when it is typed. For instance, someone is typing in the description but doesn't hit "save"? And then when you go to edit text on your end, maybe it's not seeing any is there so when you write and save, it overwrites whatever is there?

If you think it could be that issue, you could possible use something like Amazing Fields to make two additional fields - one that they update and one that you update, that way there is no race condition or needing to save/overwrite if multiple people are editing descriptinos.

Hi Brittany, thank you for letting me know about the updates -  I can confirm the issues were with the mobile app only. Desktop was working fine! that makes total sense as I never usually have any issues with Trello and I've been using it for 6 years.

Do you know when the next updates are due to take place?

Many thanks,

Ant

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Anthony (Help & Support ) - carolfraser.co.uk i know one was released yesterday, and i think they are targeting the next update by end of this week (from the comment from Alex on this post that has more details about the bugs and releases)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events