Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Button: Copy the "Description" of one card and post as a comment on another linked card.

Bryan Dumaguina April 26, 2020

Hello,

I'm currently using Custom Fields - because I'm not sure of another way to do this.

Again, I'm just trying to create a Card Button that will mark the Due Date Complete and then Copy the Description into a Custom Field - Find the First Linked Card (or for every linked Card) in the attachment - Post "that" Description into the Comments section.

I'm working on the Linked Card (the "Child Card"???). And my Card Button command, currently looks like this.

Capture.PNG

I'm getting errors. I also tried to copy the Custom Field value of the Child Card to the Parent Card with no success. This was my working command.

Capture.PNG

I'm pretty sure I"m doing something wrong. Trying to understand it from these examples with no success.
https://help.trello.com/article/1160-custom-field-variables

Thanks,
Bryan D.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Hi @Bryan Dumaguina 

You might want to try this, this doesn't use Custom Fields at all:

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 07.36.06.png

If you wanted to post the card description in a Custom Field (not sure why, but if that's what you're doing at the moment, you probably have a reason!). I would do something like this:

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 07.37.26.pngOr if you wanted to add a comment to each card:

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 07.39.38.pngPlease let me know if this is what you wanted! If not, let me know and we'll try again!

Esme :)

Bryan Dumaguina April 30, 2020

Hello Esme,

Thank you very much for responding! First solution worked! Didn't think about the Comment route - and the {triggercarddescription} variable! That was a clean solution.

And thank you for the other solutions - they will come in handy for my other endeavors. 

Best,
Bryan D.

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

Woohoo!

Awesome!

I'm glad it worked for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events