Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot drag and drop on android mobile

Victoria Jackson January 5, 2022

Hello! I can't find this question answered anywhere else, and it may be a feature and not a bug. I use Trello on the android mobile app and a few weeks ago, I tried my usual drag-and-drop to move a cards to another list in a board. However, instead of moving, the card opened another Trello window in a split-screen. To move a card, I now have to tap on the card to open it and switch it to another list that way. This may be a FWP, but I much prefer dragging the cards to other lists. I've tried looking through settings but am unable to find a way to change this. Is this a permanent feature?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Victoria Jackson 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately this issue is caused by the latest Samsung update, which opens a split screen view when you drag your finger on your screen. Trello are currently investigating it and working on a fix at the moment. 

In the meantime, you can do the following to move cards in Trello:

1. Open a card in the app
  2. In the card, press the three dots on the top right hand side of the screen
  3. Then press 'Move card'

I understand this is less convenient than dragging and dropping cards, but until Trello develop a fix for this bug, this is the only way to move cards on updated Samsung devices. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events