Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot drag and drop on android mobile

Hello! I can't find this question answered anywhere else, and it may be a feature and not a bug. I use Trello on the android mobile app and a few weeks ago, I tried my usual drag-and-drop to move a cards to another list in a board. However, instead of moving, the card opened another Trello window in a split-screen. To move a card, I now have to tap on the card to open it and switch it to another list that way. This may be a FWP, but I much prefer dragging the cards to other lists. I've tried looking through settings but am unable to find a way to change this. Is this a permanent feature?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Jan 06, 2022

Hi @Victoria Jackson 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately this issue is caused by the latest Samsung update, which opens a split screen view when you drag your finger on your screen. Trello are currently investigating it and working on a fix at the moment. 

In the meantime, you can do the following to move cards in Trello:

1. Open a card in the app
  2. In the card, press the three dots on the top right hand side of the screen
  3. Then press 'Move card'

I understand this is less convenient than dragging and dropping cards, but until Trello develop a fix for this bug, this is the only way to move cards on updated Samsung devices. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

905 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events