Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot copy checklists to new cards in the mobile app

Alexis Abb November 6, 2021

We use the checklists to help train our new hires; however, you can only copy pre-existing checklists to new cards on a computer/web browser. When I create a new card in the same board it only gives you the option to create a new checklist. I've attached photos for reference. Is there something I'm not seeing or is this available in the premium version?

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 10.26.52 AM.pngHudson Day (BOH)  Training Checklists.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2021

@Alexis Abb 

You are right in your observation. Where automation need to happened even on mobile for things that are not native to Trello automation there are a couple of ways to cause the automation to be triggered. Generally this would using CF, use webhook/bot that will lookout for actions like #action on the comment - a technique used in by some COTS power up. 

Can you explain that a little bit more? Let's say I have a card named "Joe" and that card has checklists 1, 2 and 3. Now I want to copy checklist 2 to the card named "Mary" how can I do that on a mobile device? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2021

@Alexis Abb 

It will not be a pretty solution but if 3 specific checklists need to be copied - use a checkbox and write the automation behind it. Try it. 
Trello automation watches for changes on the board. It does not distinguished how the change is injected - mobile, web, a bot, webhook, etc. 

For this reason, somethings unwanted changes happened on the board. 

Thank you I will try this. 

Villy September 1, 2023

Please, it’s very important to us to be able to copy existing Checklists on the mobile app as well!

This is a huge timesaver and there is no point having pre-made checklists if we are not able to copy them!

Please, please, please, add this feature to the app as well 🙏🙏🙏

Like Candice Fortunato likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events