Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add stickers on Trello when using ipad

Eva_Pinter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2018

I use an iPad Pro. 

1. With the app, stickers are not available.

2. When using the web browsers, I can see the stickers, but I cannot add them to a card. When I select one, the standard picture functionality for ipad is not allowing me to do anything else than copy or something equivalent. I was not able to drag the sticker to a card.

I would need to be able to select the stickers from within the card, as I cannot drag and drop it from the stickers’ list

Thanks for any help

2 answers

1 vote
Cornelius Cornbread
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2023

If you are using Safari on your iPad, just request the desktop version and you can use the stickers. I just tried it and was able to drag a sticker to my card both with my finger and my Apple Pencil. Just tap and drag the sticker to the card

How to Request the Desktop Version in Safari:

• Open your Trello board in theSafari browser.  
  • Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon in the top right corner of the address bar. This will open the website view menu.
  • From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.

I know this is an old question, but I hope this helps someone else searching for how to add stickers to a Trello card using an iPad.

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

@Eva_Pinter as far as I'm aware stickers aren't available at all in the mobile apps. What are you using them for? Perhaps there is a better way to achieve what you're after.

Eva_Pinter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 7, 2018

Hey Iain 

my problem is that I am not using the iPad app for that. I am trying to use the web browser safari and google chrome. None works for stickers.

i want to use the stickers on tasks that my employees mastered in order for them to get some positive feedback in a funny way

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

@Eva_Pinter Yeah I don't think stickers work in the web browser on mobile devices. Since Trello has pretty good feature coverage in their mobile apps they don't generally put effort into ensuring that functionality is preserved in the mobile web browser.

Why not just take a photo of you and make it the cover of the card? A funny selfie of you giving them the thumbs up is just as much feedback and just as much fun, and works across all devices :)

Christophe Bacon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 2, 2019

It's a pity not to be able to use the stickers on iPad, with Safari or the app.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events