It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you sort Trello list by two criteria?

I'm sure this has been asked before so apologies that I wasn't able to find the answer on my own. Is there a way to sort Trello lists by two criteria, a primary and then a secondary, outside of using Butler to create commands? Specifically, I would like to sort first by due date and then, within that, by a custom field value. I have Butler set up to sort lists by these criteria every day at specific times, but I'd love to be able to manually force the sort throughout the day as I add and update cards. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2019

Hi Kayleigh,

I'm afraid not, but I think that's a great idea, and I'll let the team know that's something you'd like to see in the future!

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jan 13, 2019

@kayleigh roberts An easy way to manually trigger the sort throughout the day is to set up a Butler button on a card called "Sorting" that will trigger the sort by whatever criteria you want to use manually.

So you can click the "Sort by Custom field" button or the "Sort by due date" button at various times throughout the day. 

Just beware of the toll this may take on your command usage and use sparingly! Also note that Butler will stop sorting if the sort operation exceeds 100 "moves" of cards.

You can also do advanced custom sorting with manual or recurring triggers by setting up a Trellinator bot in Google Apps Script, although this is more like "real coding" than Butler which has a simpler installation procedure and the visual command builder:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you