Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you link list items to a main todo page?

Vic March 8, 2018

I'm looking to have a board for each project I work on.  Within that board, I'll have the lists associated with that specific project.  For ToDo type list items, is there a way I can link a specific link item in one board (project) to show up as a list item in another project board?  The idea is to be able to focus on the specific project for ToDos but have a single board for all ToDo items across all projects.

If there's another way to do something like this with Trello I would be open to suggestions.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Tony Pham March 8, 2018

Hi Vic,

Please follow these instructions, it is quite simple and you don't need any 3rd party plugins for this:

1. Create a new board and make sure select the projects that you want to be included. If not, you can edit the filter after the board is created

2. Select Configure Board option, select Edit Filter Query option, and add the following logic:

- Project in (project A, project B, project C) AND status = "To Do" ORDER by RANK ASC

3. Select "Back to Board" to view the updated board. It should only displaying all the issues are in To Do status from those projects specified in the query.

Note: Project A, B, C should be the name of your projects

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Tony

I am not following this.  Are you using a power up?  What filter? Where's the configure board option? 

Vic March 8, 2018

If I'm reading this right, I think you're suggesting to not use multiple boards for projects, but use 1 board and have all of my projects in it, then filter based on project.  Right?  If so, that would be ok if I was able to nest lists...but seems like it's a little complicated.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Hi Vic

A similar question was posed by another member of the Trello Commnuity.  You can see the question and my response by clicking here.  If you have questions or need further guidance on that, please respond on that thread so there will be a history there.

Tony Pham March 8, 2018

Hi Vic,

Please follow these instructions, it is quite simple and you don't need any 3rd party plugins for this:

1. Create a new board and make sure select the projects that you want to be included. If not, you can edit the filter after the board is created

2. Select Configure Board option, select Edit Filter Query option, and add the following logic:

- Project in (project A, project B, project C) AND status = "To Do" ORDER by RANK ASC

3. Select "Back to Board" to view the updated board. It should only displaying all the issues are in To Do status from those projects specified in the query.

Hope this help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events