Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Boards Many To-Do list. How to see all To-Do list in one place?

tkvision
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2018

I have many Boards.Using 1 Board for 1 project and have To-Do list in all Boards.

How to see all of waiting To-Do list from all Boards in one place? Or any apply features to solve this.

Thanks

Mag

2 answers

1 vote
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hey Thosapol

In order to accomplish this, you need to enlist the help of a 3rd party application such as CardSync, Unito, or Butler.

Personally, I use Butler Automation.

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html.  for each board that you have a To Do list to copy over to a main board, add Butler.

•  A new list will be created titled "Butler"
  •  Add a new card to the Butler list (on the "master" board)

every day at 8:00 am, copy all the cards in list "To Do" on board "Board1" to list "Master To Do" on board "Master".

and another card with 

every day at 8:00 am, copy all the cards in list "To Do" on board "Board2" to list "Master To Do" on board "Master".

In this instance, I have 2 boards, Board 1 and Board 2, along with a master board called Master.  The above 2 commands will copy all cards from both boards TO DO list and put them on MASTER TO DO on board Master.

Vic March 8, 2018

This sounds like a good solution...however, if I update a todo on the main board, will it propagate back to the item on the original board?

Jared J. Wiese March 22, 2018

@Matthew N, I'd like to also know the answer to @Vic's question.

Thanks!

Kate Foster March 28, 2018

@Matthew N, thank you for the answer. It is very helpful.

Daphne van den Boogaard April 6, 2018

@Matthew NI'm also curious to your answer on @Vic's question! Would be wonderful if cards could sync both ways.

kevinglasson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2018

Slight addition to the answer to prevent duplicates appearing in the Master list is to archive the previous day's master list before copying over.

every day at 6:00 am, archive list "Master To Do" on board "Work", and copy each card to list "Master To Do" on board "Work"

Jared J. Wiese August 18, 2018

While I can see the goal of Mathew's suggestion, what still bugs me is having all the duplicates. Because when I go to search, it includes archived cards and is not so obvious.

I've been using Planyway that shows cards by due date across boards. That has the added benefit of scheduling. Cuz we've all probably heard, what doesn't get scheduled doesn't get done!

0 votes
Qasim August 12, 2019

Hi @tkvision

As suggested above, with Unito you can easily accomplish this. We've created a resource to walk you through creating a master board in Trello. Hopefully you find it useful! 

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar/Tutorial):

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance or have any questions.

Best,

Unito 

Vic September 20, 2019

I just want to chime in that Unito is the right solution for what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, at this time, I can't get my organization to approve it.  It is a fantastic tool with amazing support!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events