Can't Connect to Google Drive Power-Up with multiple Google Accounts?

Ray September 30, 2019

Hey all,

I've been experiencing inconsistencies with the Google Drive Power-Up. Sometimes documents and links appear like I expect, but other times I'm prompted to "See more when you connect to Google Drive."

image.png

I do have two Google accounts associated with my single Trello account*, but nothing happens when I attempt to "sign in" with either account.

This is an inconvenient but intermittent issue. I have not identified a particular pattern. It does affect me in both Trello in the browser and in the windows app.

Help?

Ray

*Which is amazing - thank you Trello!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

I had this problem as well, and narrowed it down to a Chrome extension - something that was blocking the sync happening.

I went through all my extensions and turned them all off, then turned on one at a time and refreshed the trello board until I found the one that was causing the problem! I think it was an ad blocker or something like that because it stops cross site logging/tracking. I turned them all one and whitelisted Trello on all of them and I haven't had the same problem. However, whenever Chrome updates I have to whitelist Trello again on all the extensions, but now I know what I'm looking for it's relatively easy

Hope this helps

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

When I was logging in with 2 accounts, I shared the document on Google Drive to the 'main' account and then added it from there. It's not the perfect work around, but it works (as long as you add the shared file to your Google Drive properly and make sure that's working!)

Ray October 2, 2019

Thanks @Esme Crutchley, I'll try that out!

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

No worries @Ray 

It took me ages to find out how to do it! I use uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger and a number of others, and I've had to whitelist Trello on all of them to make sure that they 'talk' to each other!

I always know that if I see 'Connect Google Drive to see more' that one of the extensions has updated and I need to go into all of them and whitelist Trello again!

Let me know if it works :)

Ray October 4, 2019

@Esme Crutchley alas it appears that the issue goes deeper than extensions. I whitelisted, tried disabling all of them, and even tried another browser to no avail. I'll be turning to Trello help next. Thanks for the tips, though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events