• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can due dates for Advanced Checklists be dynamic rather than fixed?

Is it possible to set due dates for lists that are dynamic so that they change in reference to another date? For example, if a card's due date is a fixed date and I use an Advanced Checklist with individual due dates, can those individual checklist steps have dynamic dates that are in reference to the main Card due date? For example, if I create checklist steps that are due 3 days, 7 days and 14 days prior to the overall due date, and then the overall due date is changed, will the due dates of those steps then auto-adjust accordingly?

I would like to setup Cards as templates for repetitive tasks that will have the same or similar steps required and I would like the steps to have auto due dates based on the new overall Card due date.

(I currently only have a free account so can't show screen shots for this, but will upgrade to a Business Class account for list due dates if this can do what I am wanting it to do.)

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Michael Denholm 

Unfortunately not with Butler existing triggers and actions. However, Butler do have an action called Http Request and with some effort you can do many things with it. Coincidentally, I did built one similar to what you wanted. See video and you can reach out to me (see profile) should you want more details

To build one specific to your requirement should not be difficult. 

https://youtu.be/QxkOk2-td_0

Thanks @SGi Admin - I appreciate you taking the time to answer. As I am very new to Trello, I think this is a little too complicated for me at this stage. If we do decide to use Trello, we will simply manually adjust our dates as needed.

@Michael Denholm 

Agree. Where possible use Butler “as is”. Only when it is business critical you look into using other techniques. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

171 views 6 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you