Can Salesforce create cards in Trello?

Josh Bishop August 29, 2019

I am wondering if an action like closing a case in Salesforce can automatically create a card on a specific board in Trello?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

@Josh Bishop the salesforce power up out of the box is really just about being able to link a card to a deal and see the details on the card rather than switching between 2 systems.

However I did do a proof of concept salesforce implementation for someone on the Atlassian sales team to use Trello as a much more integrated interface to SalesForce, including adding reminders/tasks/notes etc. This could easily extend into create a card when a deal is changed to a certain state in SalesForce.

I integrated it using Trellinator:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

It's a custom thing but since I've connected to the API already I'm pretty familiar with it so should be able to implement whatever is you need pretty quickly. If you're keen to discuss further you can see a link in my profile.

Josh Bishop August 30, 2019

@Iain Dooley Thanks for your suggestion on this. At this time, I was trying to see if I could make the power up work for us and since it won't, we are going to explore other options. If I can't find a solution, I'll circle back with you and see if the custom work is the right path to go.

Thanks again!

Archita Sharma September 18, 2019

Hey @Josh Bishop,

Did you find a solution?

Josh Bishop September 19, 2019

@Archita Sharma  My organization was exploring Trello as a possibility because we had other business units using it, but now we are seeing if there is just a more streamline process we can use Salesforce instead of trying to integrate. It did seem that @Iain Dooley could have made it work for me if we would have wanted to pursue his custom development.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events