Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Butler to send an email about upcoming checklist deadlines?

Abby Dixon January 28, 2021

I use checklists within cards to assign tasks to team members, and also to assign deadlines to those tasks. I do not assign deadlines to an entire card, because the card contains a checklist with various deadlines.

Is there a way that Butler can send a weekly automated email out to my team reminding them of their upcoming checklist deadlines? This screenshot below shows the calendar command that I'm currently using - and this isn't working. Please help!Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.54.58 PM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

@Abby Dixon Do they really need it as an email? They already have the ability to see any items assigned to them in the Home screen

Abby Dixon January 29, 2021

@Iain Dooley My team consists of all new Trello users. A number of them are also not-so-tech savvy. I'm trying to get them to embrace Trello as a useful tool, but right now I need to remind and encourage as much as possible. A weekly due date email in their inbox would be an ideal way for me to connect them with our Trello board, and remind them to look at it.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

@Abby Dixon 

Currently the item due date is not available as a variable so you will not be able to use it from within Butler. Likewise there is a earliest due item date on the card as a badge with is also currently not available expose as a variable. Furthermore Butler actions following calendar trigger is a lot less it does handle email using a report variable but a way has to be expose the  earliest due so that it can be include in the email. 
All of the above as a solution in Butler action HTTP request but it does involving some programming. If this is business critical, do dm me (see profile for info)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events