Can I see the number of unread notifications of a user? If so then how?

Greg Weitzel July 1, 2021

I want to track user effectiveness in Trello by using unread notifications. I found a reference to trello.com/<user>/notifications but the current result is 'Page Not Found"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

@Greg Weitzel 

I have not tried this but this api 

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-members/#api-members-id-notifications-get

has

read_filter

string

One of: all, read, unread

Default: all

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

@Greg Weitzel i created a product called BenkoBoard that, among other things, unwatches any card you're added to and creates a linked card in your personal board for any card you're added to or any comment you're mentioned in.

This means that each user:

1) Receives far fewer notifications and;

2) Has a card for each comment and add notification

Since they can then move those cards around as they prioritise dealing with them, you can get a feel for where they're at in terms of capacity, even with automated reporting. I teach a specific prioritisation method I call task shortlisting in my BenkoZero program:

https://benkoworks.com/shortlist-your-tasks/

BenkoBoard also allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client so that, in addition to have a central place for all your internal communications and tasks, you also have all external communications and tasks in the same spot (although you can disable this functionality if you only want to use it for internal stuff).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events