Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make a list a template?

Caitlin F March 15, 2021

Hello,

I see how to make a CARD a template, and checklists WITHIN cards can be templates (I think?) but can you make a list a template?

I work in grant management. I follow a defined procedure for proposal review - a checklist, yes - but I don't like that checklists only show up as a numeric number of boxes (i.e. checkbox 2/12) in a card. It also doesn't make sense spatially to me to have a list with only 1 squished card vs. having all the tasks "drop down" vertically via cards.

The way I have it set up now is that each list represents a different proposal. Each card represents a different task/action taken on the proposal. When the proposal review is finished, I archive the card.

howiorganizetrello.png

Should I keep a "template" list that I "copy" if there's no way to make it officially a template within Trello? Is there some functionality I'm missing? Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@Caitlin F there's no official "template list" functionality but copying a list works the same. The only real difference between a copying a Trello card and having a Trello card template is that Trello card templates can be archived and you can still easily create new cards from them.

Caitlin F March 16, 2021

Thank you Iain! It would be helpful if we could have Trello list templates that could be archived and still be able to easily create new cards from them. There's a certain satisfaction from a perfectly empty board, right? Hahaha. Hopefully Atlassian considers the option.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

@Caitlin F 

Definitely. I got the going for several clients. We can talk offline. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events