Can I delete members from a board and have their membership cancelled midway through my annual plan?

Adriana Cisneros Emerson February 3, 2023

I would like to add an intern to a board, but I want to make sure that I can cancel her account and not get charged anymore by the time her internship ends. Or is there a way to add a member for a monthly plan as opposed to the annual everyone else is getting?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2023

Hey @Adriana Cisneros Emerson - unfortunately not.

If you've added someone to your workspace, and adding them incurs a charge as they're not replacing someone who was already in your workspace, then you'll have that seat until your next renewal date. 

For your example of adding an intern, if you add them to only one board in your workspace, you won't get charged. However, if you add them to two or more boards, or to the workspace itself, you will be.

If you remove them before the end of the year of billing you won't receive a partial refund for removing them, but at your next renewal date, you'll only pay for the billable users still in your workspace. On top of that, you can remove them, and replace them with another billable user if you wish. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events