Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a rule to automate date shifting of all cards based on change on one card?

Jill Barton July 11, 2023

I have a board where Card A's due date determines the start date for all other cards on the board.  If the due date of Card A shifts, I'd like to be able to automate the shift of the custom field Start Date on all other cards on the board by the same increment (i.e. Card A due date moves back one month - various other Start dates on all other cards shift by that same one month).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2023

Yes, you would have to link all the cards to the "Parent card" and then you can use the automation:

When a due date is moved in a card with the blue "Parent" label, for each card linked in the attachments, move the due date by the same amount of time 

Jill Barton July 12, 2023

Thanks.  Can you tell me how to do that?  How do I link the cards to the parent?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Hi Jill, I will be doing an article later today to show how to create this by automation. Once it is up, I'll share the link with you

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023
Jill Barton July 13, 2023

This is great Mike!  Many thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events