Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add Attachments from Gmail to Trello using Trello for GMAIL extension?

ISP VRN September 14, 2021

I have installed trello Gmail extension, and now I can easily create new card with contents of selected email, but it doesn't include any attachment from that email. Is it possible to add attachment directly from email to newly created card with "Trello for GMAIL" extension?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2021

Hi there,

This might be a hard question to ask over Community because I don't know what exact power-up/feature you're using.

If you're using the in-built Email to Board feature, any attachment on the email you sent to Trello will become an attachment on the card created.

If you're using a third-party power-up like Gmail by Cardbox, your question can be answered by the Cardbox team. The listing for this power-up is at https://trello.com/power-ups/5f1a13be1a02f95ed9dfceb8. Their support email is support@getcardbox.com

If this doesn't answer your question, you can reach out to us at https://trello.com/contact

ISP VRN September 16, 2021

Hello! I use official Attlasian Trello for Gmail extension:

trello.PNG

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hey! This looks like a Chrome extension, not a power-up. We don't have any Chrome extensions so I'm not sure who supports this, I also can't find it in my Chrome store. Can you have a look through the store listing to find the support email for this extension/app? 

ou can't find it in Chrome store because IT IS NOT A CHROME EXTENSION, I clearly told you it IS official Gmail Extension or ADDON or APPLICATION in my localization, doesn't matter, on first screenshot it is obvious because it has 7 MILLION downloads and 2000 stars how else can I prove it to you omgСнимок4.PNG

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2021

Hi there, you never specified that this is a Gmail extension. Users have found a lot of ways to integrate with Gmail, whether in the form of power-ups, Chrome extensions, the email to board feature, etc, so my original response still stands. Can you please raise a ticket at https://trello.com/contact if you need assistance as I suggested previously. We do not wish for you to share personal information/data that we may need in order to assist you over our Community forums. 

Oh, If I haven't ever specified that, I think one of us see things different. Literally.

What I see on my home monitor:

Снимок5.PNG

This is my original question which you volunteered to answer. I think I told exactly two times that I AM using "Trello for Gmail extention", don't you see the same?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2021

Hello @ISP VRN,

I realize how frustrating it is to include specific details when asking a question, only to have your readers miss that information. Regardless of that fact, we ask that you remain patient and respectful of those who offer their assistance. Many of the Atlassian Community members answer questions as a service, in addition to their primary roles.

I will refer you to our Rules of Engagement:

This is a community that exists for people to help each other [...]. Your participation here is subject to these guidelines and our Terms of Use.

[...] be committed to treating each other with kindness and respect. We’re an assembly of many types of people, who all have the right to feel comfortable. Offer honest help, thank people for useful posts, and be patient with others

We aim to be inclusive, constructive, and empowering rather than confrontational, aggressive, or spammy. For specific examples, you can read our voice and tone guide here.

Atlassian Community is a public forum, which is great for quick answers, how-tos, and advice from experts. Considering your issue with the Atlassian Trello for Gmail add-on, the support team is the best place to direct your question. I see that Alex has already requested you create a support ticket because that is the best way to help you with this issue. 

Please raise a support ticket from the link below, so our Trello Support team can help:

https://trello.com/contact

If you're having any difficulty raising a ticket, please let me know!

Thank you, and take care,

Shannon

Like Alex Waite likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events