Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rules sending error and not moving cards

QOVF Trello Administrator December 4, 2020

I have Butler rules set on the calendar to move completed cards from multiple boards (15)  for the week to a completed board (master if you will) and a completed list. The rules for each board are same but tailored to each board and list name.  They run in sequential time periods.  The rules run OK but not all the cards are moved from some boards.  The log shows the rules were run and cards were moved but they are still on the original board. When I try to move them manually, I receive the following error: "Too many labels on this board. Remove some to add more."   I am not adding any labels in the move rule.

I also tried to move the cards in bulk manually with Booklet by Vince with same result. It says they were moved, but they were not.

Some cards only have one label.  After manually removing all labels on each card, I can then move the card as needed.  Have tried using Booklet to remove all the labels on the cards as they are on the same list but that is not always successful.  There over 100 possible labels that could be used on cards, mostly to identify the workcenter or special category. However, most cards have 4 or fewer labels. 

Total cards moved (completed) in a week average 300 or less. 

Any suggestions on how to get this running smoothly welcome

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2020

There is a label limit in trello. When you move a card to another board it adds the labels on that card to the other board.  If your master board has reached the label limit then you could make a new master board or delete labels on the master board. 

QOVF Trello Administrator December 6, 2020

Thanks Michael,

I am relatively new to Trello rules coding.  Do you mean deleting labels on the cards or Labels that show can be chosen on the label list when I add or remove labels on a board. We have a lot of labels across all our boards.  Does deleting a label from the list in one board remove it from other board? How do I find out what our label limit is?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2020

It’s 1000 labels per board. 

https://trello.com/1/resource/limits

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events