Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rule for sorting doesn't work

Deleted user December 2, 2019

I created a rule that looks like this: when a due date is set on a card by me, move the card to the bottom of list "SCHEDULED", and sort the list by due date ascending

Cards are moved to the list Scheduled but list is not sorted.

Any ideas how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

Could you maybe upload a screenshot of your rule and we can see if there's something amiss in the wording?

I'm a bit of a Butler nerd so I'd be more than happy to try and help if I can!

Esme :)

Deleted user December 2, 2019

Hi, thanks :)

Here's a screeshot:

Rule.jpgIt's not possible to choose a list I want to sort.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

You're right, how very strange!

Personally, on my board, I have a Board Button to organise all my lists in one go. This is what it looks like:

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 08.24.37.png

But as you can see I have 5 lists that I want to be able to organise with 1 button. I have a lot of other rules to get things into my lists & board, but this is the way that I organise all my lists by their due dates. I think because I have so many lists that I'd like to order, I didn't even think to have the ordering on each rule, so I just have the 1 board button and it does essentially the whole board, or at least the lists with due dates, in one go.

I'm so sorry that I can't be more help!

Esme :)

Deleted user December 3, 2019

Esme, thanks for your help :)

I'll try to create another rule or button.

Anna :)

Like Esme Crutchley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events