cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler multiple rules

mmanago July 21, 2020

Hello,

I am currently using the free Trello version,

I would need to create several rules with Butler but seems not possible with the free version.

What would be the most accurate version to upgrade to in order to have the possibility of creating these rules ?

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

Hi @mmanago 

@Vongsawat is right, if you want to be able to have more rules, then upgrading to Gold is your best bet.

If these are personal rules, moving things when you've done them etc. then Gold is something that you can add to your account whenever you like. 

However, if you have rules that are being used by others, if your boards are shared, then Gold may still not be enough for you.

It all depends how you're using Trello and Butler and what you want to achieve.

Personally, I had Gold for about 2 weeks before I'd gone through the monthly quota (then upgraded to Business Class), so make sure you know exactly the sort of rules you want to set up, before you upgrade!

The other 'perks' of upgrading to Gold are that you can have 3 PowerUps per board, which can be super helpful.

If you're thinking about streamlining, I would ask you to consider the Card Repeats PowerUp. This allows you to have a set of cards that repeat at intervals that you input, and puts the repeats in a list of your choosing. Personally, I have a list at the very right-hand side of my board called 'Repeats' and all of my repeating cards 'live' in there. They're all set up to go into the very left-hand list, called 'Coming Up.' If you have a lot of things that you repeat, and would like to repeat with Butler, the Card Repeat might be really handy! I have cards that repeat every day, once a week, once a month and once every 14 days, I even have an annual one. So you can tailor the repeats to suit your needs!

Esme :)

mmanago July 22, 2020

Yes I had not thought of that.

I have a first board with cards I create on a "To do" list then, I dispatch them in other lists on the same board
There are checklists on each card

My need is when a checklist is completed, It automatically copies the card to another board that has the same list name
My boards are shared with my team who fills the checklists

Depending on my workload, I might have a big amount of cards

So, would Gold be enough or would you recommand Business ?
If I move to Business, (only me), will the rules work for my team ?

Thanks Esme

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

Gold (marked as Personal in the linked table) is the next step up which immediately gets rid of the 1 rule per type limitation.

Upgrading further might make sense if you utilize a lot of command runs. But if your only worry is the number of rules, Gold is enough to achieve that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events