Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler due date command does not work

Michele Fiocco June 3, 2019

Hello,

I'm starting to use the awsome power ups that is Butler.

I'm trying to set this type of rules:

2 days before a card in list "ONGOING" is due, move the card to the top of list "URGENT", and add the red "CRITICAL" label to the card

for some reason, it's not working.
Can you please help me understand why?
I've upgraded at business plan, and we did not exceed the command quota (already checked).

Also, when I check the log of this command, it say:

"I'm tracking 0 cards with due dates on this board. New due dates or changes to existing due dates will be tracked automatically."

Even if I've put more than one card with a due date in the "ongoing" list

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michele Fiocco June 21, 2019

ok, I tried your test and it seems it worked.

Funny thing I also tried before and I though it did not worked..

I guess I screwed up something before.

Seems fine now

thanks for helping!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hey @Michele Fiocco 

It sounds like the due dates not being tracked are already within that 2 day window. Currently, Butler won't catch cards already past that set date when the command is created.

Let's try creating a test card to see if that works. Can you create a new card and set it to be due in 3 days please? On the next day, the rule should trigger and move the card and add the label.

If that doesn't work can you let me know and share a screenshot of that test card please?

Thanks!

1 vote
Lukasz February 1, 2020

First, I do agree that there is some bug with the DUE DATE function in Butler. It does not seem to be tracking the due dates in the Boards. If the Trigger is a DUE DATE, Butler is NOT tracking it. 

Speaking with Trello Support I was able to create the following RULE that DID work.

I had to use the RULES trigger and not the DUE DATE Trigger. This Executed the rule IMMEDIATELY. 

"when a due date set less than 2 days from now is set on a card, copy the card to the top of list "Today" on board "Global To Do" and link the cards together"

Butler Due Date Rule.png

Lukasz February 1, 2020

One other point: If the due date is set to TODAY but it is OVERDUE the above rule WONT trigger. Make sure the status of the of the Card is DUE SOON. Delete the Time to make sure the card is set to DUE SOON.

as May 12, 2020

This also only works at the moment you set the due date. I think the idea was, that the card is automatically moved when the date is due in x days, not when the due date is set.
So it must be a cooperation between both rules, but it doesn't work either here. :-(

tommytompkins May 18, 2020

Have you tried using the Calendar Commands instead?

0 votes
Георгий Ермаков July 29, 2019

I have the same issue but the advice by @Garrett does not help. 

The rule is the following
on the day a card in list "Backlog" in list "Waiting" is due, move the card to the top of list "Today"

Result: card is not moved to list "Today", it stays in the "Backlog"

I've updated due date on 29th to be 8 p.m on 30th.
So Butler should have been catch it.

Screen shot attached. 

Trello Butler.png

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

@Георгий Ермаков 

You have used "on the day" in your command.

When you change the due date to the 30th, the card will be moved on the 30th, not earlier.

Can you do some tests with the current day and check if the card gets moved around?

Георгий Ермаков July 31, 2019

@Katrin Anger 

Yes, I understand that card should be moved on the 30th, not earlier. But it does not.
In my example on 29th I'm setting up the due to be the 30th and then come back on 30th to check where my card is. And it's still in the backlog

I've tried with the current day and it does not work either. 

I've actually found out that none of my Due Date Butler's rules work.
I have this one also - "1 days before a card is due, move the card to the top of the list". Does not work so I've replaced it with a Calendar rule to sort the cards every day. 
And one more - "the moment a card with a due date in list "InProgress" with a name starting with "Test" is due, post comment "@Georgy"" - also does not work. 

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

@Георгий Ермаков 

Can you copy the command you are using in here (or add a screenshot), so that I can check it?

Further, what account do you have with Trello? Are you on a free account?

Third, can you check the command log (for this particular command) if it outputs any errors? (It's the little book icon next to the command.)

- Thanks!

Георгий Ермаков August 1, 2019

@Katrin Anger 

Attaching screens with command and it's log.

Let's focus on the middle one for now. Don't bother other two which are disabled. 
Log seems strange. It finds the cards but does not do anything. 

I'm using payed account.
That's a team board with only one member - me. 

Command.jpgLog.jpg

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2019

@Георгий Ермаков 

Ok, so what I think part of the problem could be with the command in the middle, is that as a condition (trigger) you are checking for cards in two different lists: Backlog and Waiting.

I have the feeling that this would need two commands for properly setting it up.

However, when testing this I also run into the issue that the cards are not moved up the list at the triggered time. In my eyes, this is a bug and should be addressed with Trello support.

Георгий Ермаков August 1, 2019

@Katrin Anger 

Thanks a lot for your help. Rule with one list also does not work. 

Will write to the support

antonio wong November 4, 2019

hi there, I have encountered the same issue. The due date butler thing does not work well. I think there is some bug.

For example:

on the day a card with an incomplete due date due in more than 1 days is due at 1:23 am, copy the card to the top of list "T+4" on board "GS Calendar"

The above never work although I have many due dates in more than 2 days time.

KDemenX November 8, 2019

Hi Antonio, I think that command will never trigger the cards. Let me explain what I think:

Trigger: on the day a card with an incomplete due date due in more than 1 days is due at 1:23 am,

- On the day a card is due: Check if a card has a due date "today"

- with an incomplete due date: The card has no check mark, so it's still "incomplete".

due in more than 1 days: that card was due more than "tomotrrow".

So, in this case, you're evaluating two scenarios in time, "today, tomorrow and after", at the same time.

Try this with Calendar commands:

every day at 12:05 am, move each card due in more than 1 days to the top of list "T+4" on board "GS Calendar"

Let us know.

Regards,

SGrayson December 18, 2019

Hi,

im also having an issue with getting the due date command to work, we want all cards on the board to move to a list expiring soon a week before their due date.

I have tried  multiple different ways to get this to work but am still facing the same issue, nothing moves, i have even let them over night to see if anything moves the next day as well. 

Are solutions on how to get it to work? 

Pretty much all cards have an end date which is why we want to track them. 

Thanks!

Trello Due date Command.PNG

KDemenX December 18, 2019

Hi Stephanie,

It seems fine. Try to add  to your command "at 12:05 am" in the condition.

7 days before a card is due at 12:05 am, move the card to the top of list "Expiring soon"

Try to add a card with 8 days due date and wait 1 day to see the results the next day...

Let us know if it's works.

Regards,

SGrayson December 22, 2019

Hi, 

I tried what you recommended and let it over the weekend and nothing has changed, it still has not moved. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks. 

KDemenX December 23, 2019

Hi Stephanie,

Maybe something is missing. I have the same rules and it works for my daily routine tasks.

Check it out the following statement:

- Check if your personal quota has not reached to the limit (Buttler icon -> Account --> info at the end like "Your personal quota is 200 command runs and 2000 operations. You've used 51 command runs (26%) and 150 operations (8%) so far this period.")

- To be more specific with the quota rules, on the rule, click on "light bulb icon" and check if you don't have any message like "You have exceeded the number of command runs allowed for your account in the current period."

- Your card that you're testing is not set as "completed". It is expected to be "not completed" at those time

- Check if another rules are colliding with the rule that you are testing. 

Use the specific time "at hh:mm" nearby the time you're testing (like 5 or 10 min after at your current time) in the rule to activate the rule as soon as possible. It might consume you some quotas at the beginning when you're testing, but It can accelerate your rules check.

Hope this helps..

Kevin H

SGrayson December 23, 2019

Hi,

We are on an enterprise account so have unlimited by the looks of the link the account page took me to. 

Nothing comes up in relation to where we are with the quota however, this is the only command we are trying to use, nothing else has been set up anywhere else.

The  light bulb currently just says this and has never changed at all. 

Capture.PNG

Its also not marked completed. 

I have also tried altering the time to be 20 or so minutes ahead of the current time and still haven't had it worked. 

i have pretty much tried everything i could have before reaching out. 

Thanks

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hey Stephanie,

It sounds like you might be using something else to capture dates in your cards currently. Can you create a new test card and share a screenshot of it set with your due date please? 

Also, Butler does not catch these retroactively, so if you set a card to be due in 6 days, the command you have set up won't trigger. Instead it would need to be at least 8 days out, then at the 7 day mark the command should trigger.

Lukasz February 1, 2020

Im getting the same exact issue on my board trying to copy and link two cards together

The command log is as follows:

I'm tracking 0 cards with due dates on this board. New due dates or changes to existing due dates will be tracked automatically.

RULE: 

The command has been created. The command is:

on the day a card is due, copy the card to the top of list "Today" on board "Global To Do" and link the cards together.

This is the link to due date execution in Butler from the Butler for Trello Board

https://trello.com/c/MQGFX8Zw

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events