Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler could not execute rule (list deleted)

V. L. Plän July 23, 2021

Dear Community,

I had created a Butler rule for a list (daily sorting). At some point, I had deleted the list, thinking that all rules associated with it will be deleted, too. For some reason, Butler still tries to execute the rule, always failing. Every day, I now get an error message via e-mail (even though I deactivated these messages) about the failed rule execution by the Butler.

Since the list is gone, its rules are not accessible. It's also not in the board's rules list.

How can I get rid of the rule?
Or at least how can I ensure that I don't get the e-mails anymore?

Thanking you,

VLP

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Butler rules are not attached to Lists in any way. General Rules are free floating and can be enabled per Board, whereas stuff like Card/Board Buttons are attached per Board.

If you know which Board the Rule exists on, go to the Rules page in Butler and Filter by Enabled. You can then disable or delete that old rule.

Additionally, if you click the link on the email, it will link you to the correct Board and (I think) the correct category of Rule. You'd still need to Filter by Enabled if its a General Rule though.

Edit: although I too would love to know a way to disable these failure notifications/emails :(

V. L. Plän July 24, 2021

Hi! This is exactly the confusing part: I opened the butler in every possible way (on the right board), also via the e-mail link: I always end up at the screen (screenshot attached below) that shows no existing rules, only encourages me to initiate the butler. As long as Trello pretends that there is no rule, I won't be able to deactivate it...

Screenshot 2021-07-24 at 16-32-20 Agenda Trello.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events