Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler add-on: How to set rule using name of the one moving a card

Marketing Nordjysk Beslag September 25, 2019

I've installed the Butler add-on to Trello. I have several af lists for on one board for multipal users, i want to set a rule with Butler.

That labels a card when you move it from one list to another list. I want the label to display the name of the one moving the card. So that all other users can see that this person is currently dealing with this specific card. 

Does it make sense? 

I started the rule with "When a card is "moved into" list "list name" "by anyone" ... 

(then i need to define second part

The closes i can find is "add member But @user1603166931620. (here i can only pick a specific person) to the card". I want it to chose who ever is dealing with the card. 

2 answers

0 votes
Marketing Nordjysk Beslag September 29, 2019

Thank you @Katrin Anger for your solution.

Sadly it doesn't work in this case. The reason for this is, the user who creates the card is not the name i want to be added to the card..

I have one list for incoming phone calls, we leave a message for someone (a salesperson) to get back to the person calling. And when a salesperson moves it from the first list to another list I want the salesperson's name added to the cards, so we can see which salesperson is dealing with this caller. 

Some calls are easy, they ask for a specific salesperson, then we write the initials of the salesperson to the card. Now when it's not a specific salesperson, I've asked them to write their initials on the card when they move it, but some forget to do this. 

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

@Marketing Nordjysk Beslag 

Hi there,

as I see it, there isn't currently a variable available that would do what you want it to do.

However, there is a workaround that I think would work. (Haven't tested it). It requires 2 Butler commands (both rules)

First, you create a command that stores the username of the user that triggered the command (e.g., moving the card) in the description of the card. And then you could use a 2nd command to readout that username and add it to as the label's name.

Alternatively, if you are using the card's description for something already, you could also set this up with a Custom Field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events