Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Rule - How to Move a single card from one list to another list

Marc Pfeiffer November 11, 2020

I am trying to set up the following rule.

If List "Doing" has zero cards assigned to me

Then

Move the topmost card assigned to me in the List "This Week" into the "Doing" List.

This will then allow me to hide all the lists on my board except for the "Doing" List (using the chrome extension Trellist) and whenever I complete a card by moving it from "Doing" to "Done" the next one I've already prioritized in the List "This Week" will show up in the "Doing" list I have.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Hi Mark,

The trigger for the rule should be possible, however, there isn't a way to create an action that finds the top card of another list and then to move this. Would it be possible for you to set up a button that you can press to pull cards into your list? This way you could use an action such as this to move a card from one list to another: https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0uqbgwb. Once again, there isn't a way to select the topmost card, but this would bring a random card across from that list.

I realise this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I wanted to give you some other options to think of other ways that you could automate your workflow.

Thanks!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events