Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Power-up code problem

Teresa Y September 15, 2019

I am trying to make this code work, but it errors on the 2nd {checklistname} saying that it could not find checklist "". Everything works perfectly if I input the actual checklist name on the card, but that could change. Do you have any suggestions? I've spend days trying to figure it out.

Thank you!
Teresa

convert all the items in checklist "{checklistname}" into linked cards at the bottom of list "{listname}", for each card linked from an item in checklist "{checklistname}", add member @{listname} to the card, and move the card to the bottom of list "Inbox" on board "{listname}"

2 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Hi @Teresa Y ,

I had a closer look at your command now, and I know why it is not working.

The command is being executed when the first action is run as it is. The checklist items are converted into linked cards.

But then you are addressing the linked cards in the same command that created them and you are trying to do some actions on these linked cards. That's too much.

What you need to do instead is setting up another command "for each card linked from an item in checklist ..."

Hope that helps and brings you closer to a solution. Good luck!

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Hi @Teresa Y 

try to change the 2nd {checklistname} into {triggerchecklistname}. - Is the result ok now?

Teresa Y September 16, 2019

Thank you for responding!  Unfortunately it still isn't working.  It gave me the error - I couldn't find a checklist called ""  for the "for each card linked..." command.  

Rules.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events