Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk task upload

Bob Seddon January 5, 2020

I am trying out Trello as an alternate to my stale todo manager for a GTD set up. MY old system has lots of project and task data that I have downloaded to a CSV file. Is there a template and process available to import tasks in bulk into Trello?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hi Bob,

Trello's import options are a little limited, depending mostly on how complicated what you intend to import is. From a CSV file, you have the option of copying a column of card titles and pasting them in all at once to bulk create cards:

file-JdpUSyrVDx

There's not an easy way to bulk import more complicated data without the use of either Trello's API, or something like Zapier. You could create a Zap to watch for new rows in a Google Sheet, and action data in various columns however you want. For example, set up a new Google Sheet and set it so the first column becomes the card name, the second the description, the third a due date, and so on.

Then, copy your CSV data into that Google Sheet, and the Zap will handle all the heavy lifting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events