Bug with the Card Repeater

Jack Breen November 26, 2018

Hi there! 

Have been finding this very annoying, and was thinking I was going crazy, but this is definitely not how this should work.

When I add a repeat for any longer than 1 week, it always adds the first repeat just a single week later, before it starts the 6 weekly repeating.

This is obviously very annoying, especially because you can't set when the first repeat should happen, it has to be based on exactly the week that you're setting this up (which would be a great piece of functionality to add, beyond this bug).

See below example, which was set up today 27th November.

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 6.52.47 pm.png

2 answers

2 votes
Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Hi Jack,

This is actually expected functionality for the Card Repeater Power-Up at the moment. There isn't currently a way to set a 'start date' but I agree that would be a great improvement and I'll make sure our team knows that you're looking to make use of such an option.

Right now, Trello will use the first matching date to start the recurrence. In the above case, that's the upcoming Sunday, and then it will start the repeating process on the six-week schedule.

You can also consider setting up card repeats through Zapier, which has more options for frequency or repeat schedules, so might end up fitting your needs a little better. You can check it out here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/trello/

Andrew Politi March 3, 2019

I agree, this would be an incredibly useful feature/bug fix. It's not a good look for Trello when the answer so frequently is just create a Zap or is IFTTT

Also, I don't think your answer is accurate... Trello does NOT always start at the next qualifying date. On Sunday 3/3 I'm creating a repeat card that'd designed to repeat every 4 weeks on Mondays at 6am:

• If I select 1 week repeat then the next date it will create is Monday 3/4
  • If I select any repeat period more than 1 week, the next date is Monday 3/11

In either case, the next eligible date is 3/4. And given the real world use case, where I created the card today and don't want to do the task again for 3 weeks, both outcomes are useless.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events