Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board without admin—can't promote anyone to admin to control it

Kieran Hanrahan August 24, 2021

Hi,

The admin of one board of ours deleted their Trello account and now nobody has admin permissions on the board. We have admin permissions for the workspace but can't promote anyone to be admin of the board without board-specific admin permissions. (The "Change permissions..." option to promote people to admin is greyed out for us all.) Kind of a catch 22.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

If an admin leaves a board and there are no other admins, I think it chooses someone. I remember this being a code path so a board always has an admin.  It could be the case that if someone deletes their account, this code doesn't run.

One way around it would be to run a trial for Premium.  If you start the trial or upgrade the Workspace (if you are a member) then you'd be able to appoint an admin on the board I think - but depends on which workspace the board lives in.

Kieran Hanrahan August 24, 2021

Thanks so much, @Michael Pryor! Starting the free trial did trigger the promotion of 2 new board admins. I think you're right that the code didn't run when our old admin deleted their account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events